I’ve been 100% healthy for about a week. No more tired. No more just darn icky feeling. Just in time for Thanksgiving. Speaking of which, I give you random content
1. How will you be spending your Thanksgiving this year?
The Sister, Parents-in-law, Aunt- and Uncle-in-law, and Cousin-in-law (are all of those really words?) are coming over to our house for Thanksgiving.
2. Will you be cooking or are you just an eater?
I’m a cooker. When my parents were alive we took over Thanksgiving because trying to share between the two families just became too much. Now that my parents are deceased I like to do it because I feel like they are still here. Like they are represented. Hold on, I need a tissue.
3. Do you watch the parade every year or football!!
Heck no. I find the parade dull and football even duller. The question is can I get some Wii-ing going on this year…
4. What’s your favorite float?
Um…Rootbeer? I don’t watch the parade so I don’t know.
5. Dark meat or white meat?
Dark. But with the steamed turkey the white is pretty good. Really, it depends on how you are eating it. White is best for my traditional Thanksgiving sandwich where I pile as many leftovers I can into a sandwich and eat it. Yum….Mashed potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey sandwich. I’m drooling right now.
6. Leg or breast?
7. What is your favorite dish besides the turkey?
The stuffing my mother-in-law makes. It’s vegetarian with carrots, cranraisins, and other stuff in it. It’s yummy and healthy.
8. Homemade cranberry sauce or cranberry sauce from the can?
Can is best! Give me can-shaped gelatinous yummy any day.
9. Do you decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving day?
Nope. I have a quilted Chanukah decoration that I now put out but I don’t try to put it out on Thanksgiving day.
10. What are some special family traditions?
Eat. Eat. Eat. and Eat.
11. Pumpkin pie or pecan?
Pumpkin, definitely. Pecans are icky.
12. What is your favorite thing to do with the leftovers?
Thanksgiving sandwich as described above.
13. How long will you spend eating your thanksgiving meal?
About 30 minutes because we’re always stuffed on hors’dvours. But it’s a good effort!
14. Are you worried about putting on weight this Thanksgiving?
15. What do you normally eat at Thanksgiving?
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (but a good one), Maple Sweet potatoes, biscuits, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, and this year welsh cookies.
16. What will you be thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Not bursting at the seams with all the food.
17. What is your best Thanksgiving memory?
The year before my mom died she came up for the week before Thanksgiving to help. We enjoyed the time and got to know each other a little more. We were planning on making it a tradition.
18. Do you give cards or presents at Thanksgiving?
Wait, what? People give things at Thanksgiving? For Thanksgiving or as early ChanukahChristmasKwanzaSolstice gifts? If it’s for Thanksgiving I feel gypped!
19. Are you planning on going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?
20. Will you be waking up early to hit the sales?